Friday, January 31, 2014

Let's Go!


"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15. If you look at the structure of this sentence, it is an imperative sentence. An imperative sentence gives a command. What's the command? You go. That's right! You go into all of the world preaching MY gospel! So, why do so many of us view this verse as a suggestion? Why do we think that it's okay to say "I'm willing to go if You call me, but I'll stay here until You do." God has already called us to go!!! But so many of us are ignoring that call! Why do we think we need some special calling to be a missionary when God has already called you in Mark 16:15??? Maybe you're not called to be an oversees missionary like me, but you are most certainly called to be a missionary where ever you live. I know, it's easy to say things like that but not so easy to do it.... trust me, I'm as guilty as anyone... but, I don't want to stand before an all righteous God knowing that I could/should have told thousands of more people about Him but didn't. I will be responsible for their souls! Ouch... that's hard! So, you may want to win souls, but aren't sure how or are to shy. Well, I've got the answer for you!!! First, pray! Pray that God will give you opportunities to tell others about Him and that He will give you strength to tell people when the time comes. Second? Go. Just Go. You will never regret telling someone about the Gospel of our beautiful Savior. Give them the same hope that we have. Third? Live radically in the transformation of His love. He saved you for a purpose.... live like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment